[USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

[USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

Martin Braun via USRP-users
Hello again,

I was wondering about implementing new functionalities on the FPGA in X310. If I would like the FPGA to maintain its current funcionality and I want to add something new but without erasing the pre-existing one, how do I do that? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Nives

Re: [USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

Martin Braun via USRP-users
Hello Nives

You can use RFNoC to add your own functionality to the existing code. Checkout the knowledge base article on it.

Let me know if you have any questions. Will be happy to help you.

Thanks
Sugandha

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 1:57 AM, Nives Novković via USRP-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello again,

I was wondering about implementing new functionalities on the FPGA in X310. If I would like the FPGA to maintain its current funcionality and I want to add something new but without erasing the pre-existing one, how do I do that? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Nives

Sugandha Gupta
Staff Software Engineer
Ettus Research

Re: [USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

Martin Braun via USRP-users
Hi Sugandha,

thank you for your reply. Now for the implementation I need the pin layout information written in .xdc file, as far as I've seen. But I cannot seem to find it for X310. I've searched on https://github.com/EttusResearch/fpga/tree/master/usrp3/top/ , but could find only information for the E300. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Kind regards,
Nives

On 09/28/2016 05:56 AM, Nives Novković via USRP-users wrote:
> Hi Sugandha,
>
> thank you for your reply. Now for the implementation I need the pin
> layout information written in .xdc file, as far as I've seen. But I
> cannot seem to find it for X310. I've searched on
> https://github.com/EttusResearch/fpga/tree/master/usrp3/top/ , but could
> find only information for the E300. Am I looking in the wrong place?

For RFNoC, go to usrp3_rfnoc. For E310 RFNoC development, go to the
rfnoc-devel branch.

Cheers,
Martin

> Kind regards,
> Nives

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Hello Nives
>
>     You can use RFNoC to add your own functionality to the existing
>     code. Checkout the knowledge base article on it.
>
>     https://kb.ettus.com/Getting_Started_with_RFNoC_Development
>     <https://kb.ettus.com/Getting_Started_with_RFNoC_Development>
>
>     Let me know if you have any questions. Will be happy to help you.
>
>     Thanks
>     Sugandha
>

>     On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 1:57 AM, Nives Novković via USRP-users
>
>         Hello again,
>
>         I was wondering about implementing new functionalities on the
>         FPGA in X310. If I would like the FPGA to maintain its current
>         funcionality and I want to add something new but without erasing
>         the pre-existing one, how do I do that? Thank you in advance.
>
>         Kind regards,
>         Nives

>     --
>     Sugandha Gupta
>     Staff Software Engineer
>     Ettus Research

Re: [USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

Martin Braun via USRP-users
Hi Martin,

thank you for the information. I am quite new at this and I'm still trying to figure some stuff out so I am sorry if I repeat some questions. I just want to be sure to get it right.  Which .xdc files are relevant to me if I want to implement a new FPGA design on an X310?  As much as I figured the constraints for E310 and X310 different, so I cannot use an .xdc file in X310 which is meant for E310? Thank you for your patience and consideration.

Kind regards,
Nives

Re: [USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

Martin Braun via USRP-users
Hi Nives,

The xdc files in the directory usrp3/top/x300 are the constraint files you will want to use in a X3x0 design (x300.xdc, x300_dram.xdc, etc...). You absolutely cannot use a E310 constraints file (such as e300.xdc) in a X310 design or vice versa.

Jonathon

Re: [USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

Martin Braun via USRP-users
Hi Jonathon,

Thank you for the quick reply. I thought so too, but I cannot find the directory usrp3/top/x300. This is all I see

Hi Nives,

The xdc files in the directory usrp3/top/x300 are the constraint files you will want to use in a X3x0 design (x300.xdc, x300_dram.xdc, etc...). You absolutely cannot use a E310 constraints file (such as e300.xdc) in a X310 design or vice versa.

Jonathon

Re: [USRP-users] Implementing design on FPGA in X310

Martin Braun via USRP-users
Hey Nives,
You need to look in usrp3_rfnoc for the x300 code.
Best,
Ryan